Australian driver Jack Miller has signed an agreement to compete with Ducati in the 2021 season ( to fight with Marc Márquez), with the option of an extension for an additional season.
The Borgo Panigale manufacturer confirmed the agreement last Wednesday through an official statement published on social networks.
This is an important step forward for the 25-year-old Twonsville-born runner, who has competed in the previous two seasons with Pramac, the Red Missile satellite structure.
Jack Miller & Ducati, very happy about the agreement
“For me it is an honor to be able to continue my MotoGP career with Ducati, and precisely for this reason I want to thank all those responsible for the trust they have placed in me by giving me this great opportunity. And I am prepared to assume with the utmost commitment the responsibility that comes with being an official Ducati rider,” said Miller in the public note.
“We are convinced that Jack has everything to be able to fight regularly for important positions starting this season, and also that he will make a great leap in 2021 since he will have the full support of the Ducati team,” said the sports manager, Stefano Domenicali.
Since his MotoGP debut, where he came from Moto3 in 2014, last year was the brightest. Thus, in 2019 he achieved five podiums and finished in eighth position in the General of Pilots, which has opened for him the doors of Borgo Panigale.