Cookies are useful for several reasons. From a technical standpoint, they allow websites to work in a more flexible way and tailored to your preferences, such as store your language or the currency of your country. They also help those responsible for the website to improve its services, thanks to the statistical information collected through them. Lastly, they make advertising more effective, making possible to offer you our services free of charge.
For more information about cookies, visit Your Online Choices España.
There are several types of cookies. On a first level, we can distinguish:
- Own cookies: They belong to the web owner and they are thus managed by the owner.
- Third-party cookies: They belong to and are managed by third parties, unrelated to the owner.
Cookies can be “session” cookies, meaning that they will be deleted once the user leaves the website, or “persistent” cookies, which remain on your computer until a certain date that can span over years.
Cookies can also be classified based on their creation purpose:
- Technical and functional cookies: They are the strictly needed for the use of the site and service offering.
- Analytic cookies: We use analytic cookies to help us understand how users use our website. For instance, they are used to count the different number of visitors that use the website or some given characteristics, instead of the total times that the website is used or the characteristic. Without this cookie, if you visit our website once a week for three weeks, we would count you as three different users. Without these cookies, it would be very difficult to analyse the performance of our website, and thus, improve it.
- Customising cookies: They allow the user to configure the design, language. preferences, etc., of the browser.
- Advertising and behavioural cookies: They are used to efficiently manage the advertising spaces included in a website or application from which the service is provided. They are useful to adapt the offered advertising to the users’ interests, as they collect information regarding their preferences. They are used in marketing techniques such as retargeting.
- Affiliate cookies: They perform the follow-up of visits from websites with which a site has established an affiliation agreement.
- Social network cookies: They are used to allow you to share content directly into social media, such as Facebook, Twitter or Google+. An example would be when you click on “Like” or tweet about a business or product advertised on our website.
The following cookies are used in our website:
For further information on the purpose of third-party cookies, their management and settings, we suggest you visit the websites of the mentioned third parties.
Instructions to deactivate cookies:
- You can restrict, block or delete cookies from the Ministry of Industry, Energy and Tourism or from any other website by using the browser. Each browser is different; check the ‘Help’ menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
- Through third-party software, such as Ghostery o Your online choices.
Deactivating the usage of cookies in our website of may lower its functionality, limiting the browsing or, in some case, even preventing it.